Case Study: Installing WordPress CMS Theme
Requirements: CMS WordPress. Assume you have installed CMS wordpress in your server (either locally or in the hosting).
Warning: This tutorial is beginner only, so, watch out!
When we installed the WordPress CMS, WordPress will only give a default theme (default), namely Twenty Ten. Of course you want to change the theme, right? Here is the steps.
Installing WordPress Themes
1. Log into wordpress account with a username and password of your account.
2. You will be redirected to the dashboard page.
3. Click on the Appearance menu – Themes, on the left side menu (sidebar wordpress dashboard). See picture.
4. Select Menu Install Themes.
5. To install a new theme, we can use the various options that have been provided by WordPress. See picture below.
- Search, Featured, Newest, Recently-Updated: Various options will install a new theme for wordpress with prior to search / look for themes – themes that are provided by the wordpress theme directory online. You can find many great themes here, and certainly has been in his acc by WordPress
- Upload: You can replace wordpress themes by uploading their own wordpress theme (in the form. Zipped). You can get a theme via download from the internet, or with your own homemade theme. Take a look also at the wordpress theme crafted by the owner of this site
6. To change the theme in a way to upload, click upload tab.
7. Browse to the location where your theme files are located (in the form of zip files.) Then click the install button.
8. If installed successfully, then the confirmation will appear as shown below. Click Activate to directly activate the newly installed theme.
9. It will display a confirmation that the new theme is active and you will be redirected to the main page Theme. On this page you can see the themes – themes that have been installed in your wordpress.
Test: Open your wordpress site. Make sure the theme has changed
Note: If you change the wordpress themes that are installed in hosting a way to upload, then you should enter details of your ftp (host, username, and password ftp. See the information from your provider for details on this.)