Actually, what’s the difference between blogging with both the above facilities? Please googling if you want to know the definitions of both terms are complete, perhaps Wikipedia will explain it in detail, hahaha. I myself have never googling about the difference the two. According to my understanding, to summarize:
WordPress.COM –> must be ONLINE. Get a free domain with the suffix wordpress.com. For example, www.sapijantan.wordpress.com
WordPress.ORG –> a CMS (like Joomla, Drupal, etc.) that you download, and install on your own. After that you have to upload it on a hosting. The last you usually have to buy a domain, too.
Why WordPress.Org ?
From sapijantan.wordpress.com, you can switch to sapijantan.com. Cool, right? And remember, still with WordPress. So it can be concluded that WordPress.Org is a service provided by wordpress to use wordpress but with our own hosting and domain name, does not belong to WordPress. What are the benefits? Of course by using WordPress.Org, your website / blog more customizable. And there are many other advantages. Hohohoh.
This is a quote from WordPress.Org,
WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. We like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.
Okay, let’s start install it.
Case Study: Installing CMS Wordpress at Localhost
- Webserver+PHP+Mysql Package, because we will try to install wordpress on our localhost. You can get it at AppServ or EasyPHP or the others.
- CMS WordPress, download here.
Practice 1 : Setting Up the Database
- Create a database named wordpress by using phpmyadmin atau mysql command prompt.
- Leave it blank, you did not need to make a table or etc.
Practice 2 : Installing WordPress
- Extract the zip file downloaded from WordPress.Org into your document root.
- Rename the extracted folder name to wordpress (actually you can use another name, but for the need for this lab this time we use the same name, though more easily. Okay okay)
- Go to http://localhost/. Click on wordpress folder to starting the installation.
- Installing WordPress
The figure below shows the installation step-by-step. Oh oh do not worry, for per-step installation instructions there is a picture in the gallery below. Ok, good luck.
WordPress Installation Instruction
- Click on create configuration file to create a configuration file that will be installed on our wordpress.
- It would appear the information that directs you to fill in information about the database. Okay, choose let’s go!
- Fill our database setting, fill in as shown Step 3 above. Then submit.
Database name : wordpress
Username : Adjust according to your mysql setting. Usually root
Password : Adjust according to your mysql setting. Why password field empty in the picture above? Thats because i use no password
fordatabase host and table prefix let it default
- Click on Run the install
- Fill out the settings that we will create a website with wordpress. You can fill it with as you like, if confused, you can use the example of my settings. Click install wordpress when you have finished filling out the form.
Site title : Wiwik’s Personal Page
Username : adminwiwik
Password : adminwiw1k (write twice)
email : email@example.com
- TADAAAAAAA. Success!! You have successfully installed wordpress in localhost. To start login on the site, click login.
- Enter your username and password (such as the setting in Step 5). Click login.
- You will be redirected to the WordPress dashboard. Up here, you can start posting, set the theme, and others such as your activity on wordpress.com:)
- To see the “result”, go to http://localhost/wordpress/
Hohoho. Now you can play around with WordPress on your local server. If you really want to use it, of course you have to upload them on the hosting. Hosting is usually paid, but some are free. If you want to try, please use the free ones first, such as in byethost or freehostia.
Okay, happy WordPress-ing! Keep Blogging!
Hal yang juga menarik:
Semua skrip dan teknik dalam artikel di itx.web.id boleh digunakan sebagaimana kehendakmu tanpa perlu mencantumkan sumber. Kamu tidak boleh mengkopi seluruh artikel, dalam Bahasa Indonesia ataupun diterjemahkan ke dalam bahasa lain.